Balbriggan Medical Centre is committed to ensuring that the best possible service is provided to all patients registered with the Practice. We understand that it can sometimes be difficult to get a routine appointment with a GP or Nurse however, one thing that makes this increasingly difficult to overcome is the problem of missed appointments i.e. DNAs.
Patient non-attendance at a booked appointment adversely impacts on patients in the following manner:
The DNA Patient takes the appointment slot of another patient who could have attended.
Increases waiting time for appointments.
A DNA occurs when:
- an appointment is not attended;
- the patient has not contacted the Practice in advance to cancel it or
- Where the cancellation is so late that it makes it impossible to allocate that time to another Patient who needs treatment.
Due to a high number of non-attendances and cancellations for GP appointments, we will charge a fee of €10 per consultation for an appointment that is not attended.
Avoid Becoming a DNA
If you cannot attend or no longer need an appointment, please let us know in advance.
If you need to cancel an appointment you can do this in any one of the following ways:
- In person at the Reception Desk
- Telephone: 01 841 2460
- Email – email@example.com